Friday, May 13, 2011

Love those LUSCIOUS LOCKS !!


I was just about to straighten my hair when I realized that I haven't updated you all on the hair products that I use ! So I thought I'd do a quick post on 3 products that I use every day !!!


I just picked up that Herbal Essences Long-term Relationship Split End Leave In protector because I had a coupon [haha, yes, why not save money where you can?] 

What it says on the bottle: Live in the length of luxury. This is the beautiful beginning of the ends. Smooth them with a kiss of protective conditioning that strengthens you hair against split ends and breakage. I'll keep your hair from splitsville with my quenching formula fused with extracts of red raspberries & Brazilian silk. I'm a tip treat with a silky finish that feels so good.
USE ME: Massage through wet or dry hair, give your tips a big sip, leave it in and love the ending.

Of course, I'm always wary of products claiming to help split ends [because we all know the only way to rid ourselves of them completely is to go get a trim]. But they marketed this as a protector not a mender so I grabbed it. I use this after I towel dry my hair, concentrating mostly on the ends of my hair. {I tend to get greasy on my scalp and bangs first so I avoid putting product in those areas} Since adding this product to my routine I found my hair to be a lot softer and easier to manage/style. There is alcohol in this product, and I'm not sure if I'll be rebuying because I'm planning on switching everything to Macadamia once I get the $$$ ! For being a cheap drugstore product I still think this product performed fairly well. I'll give it a 3/5.

NEXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXT >>>>>>>>>>>
Proclaim Argan Oil Hair Treatment from Sally's Beauty Supply.

I've had that bottle for months & months and I still have BARELY made a ding in it. I bought it when all the buzz first started about Argan Oil, and as much as I love this product, I can ONLY imagine how much I'd love PURE ARGAN OIL !

What it says on the bottle : Proclaim Argan Oil Hair Oil Treatment is uniquely formulated with argan oil and natural ingredients that condition, help repair dry, damaged hair without weighing it down, eliminates frizz and infuse brilliant shine.
DIRECTIONS: Apply a small amount to your palm and distribute evenly through damp or dry hair. Style as desired.

Ok, so I agree with all of that 100%, and DEFINITELY in the directions, you really only need a TINY amount. When I first got this, I was a little excited and went overboard... It wasn't very pretty.. 3 shampoos later and I wasn't greasy anymore.. HAHA My hair is just longer than my shoulders and I use less than a dime size. I also use this after I towel dry my hair, and I find that it shortens the time it takes my hair to dry. This product does eliminate frizz and I love it ! Although I probably won't be repurchasing, only because I'll be switching to Macadamia... I give this product a 4/5 only because I don't know what I'm missing out on with the pure oil !

LAST BUT DEFINITELY NOT LEAST !

Tresemme Vitamin-Enriched Heat Tamer Spray [minimizes heat damage] 
What the bottle says:
Styles and protects
Thermal Creations A complete line of styling products specially formulated to work with your heat appliances to help you get today's hottest looks.
Get Protected This product guards against heat and friction to keep your hair shiny and incredibly soft.
Our Stylists Suggest: Spray liberally 6-8 inches away from mid-shaft to ends. Use both on damp hair before you blow dry and on dry hair before curling or flat-ironing to shield hair from damaging heat. For the ultimate protection use with Tresemme Thermal Creations styling line.

Before I was using this I was only using THIS which I still LOVE, but only use when I curl my hair, read the post if you haven't already because I've repurchased that product SEVERAL times over. This Tresemme Heat Protectant is perfect for both straightening and curling your hair. I still use this with the other product when I curl my hair, I just don't use it when I straighten anymore.
[If that wasn't confusing enough I don't know what is!] LOL

I love this stuff, and I know I will be re-buying this one for sure. This one leaves my dry, frizzy and needs-a-cut-really-bad-since-like-September-2010 hair feeling soft and looking healthy and shiny.! And I feel like it would be great for all hair types. It's not one of those sticky residue heat protectors, it's really light and it doesn't leave any residue.. I spray this much more liberally than the ones that have alcohol in the first 5 ingredients. I give this product a 5/5 for sure !!
THANKS FOR READING !!!
If you have any questions about anything on TheGlamLife , feel free to contact me @ theglamlife@live.ca and JOIN us on FB for more GLAM-ness <3 haha XOXO & don't forget about TWITTER !!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think, GLAM GIRLS ?